Wednesday 11 July 2012

THE Guacamole


First, I must express my guacamole 'pet peeve'. Whoever decided that you should put sour cream in guacamole had no appreciation for the absolute amazing natural richness and buttery-ness that avocados already have! So, I’ve provided a recipe that is of course ‘au natural’. However, if it is your preference and you must add some creamy substance to your guacamole I will reluctantly support the addition of a dollop of Greek yogurt (We are the yogurt sisters after all!) especially if using slightly under-ripe avocados.

Secondly, about three years ago I tasted a guacamole recipe that changed the way I make guacamole (and the way you probably will too) forever! One word: CUMIN. This spice absolutely adds another dimension to the dip, creating a delicious south-western taste!

This recipe is an absolute summer staple. Whenever I make it for my family it is gobbled up in minutes, especially with those delicious lime flavoured tortilla chips!

Ingredients (Serves 3-4)
2 ripe avocados
2 limes juiced
1 small tomato diced
½ redi chilli chopped finely
1 tsp. ground cumin
¼ tsp.  cayenne pepper or chilli poder
Salt and Pepper to taste



Directions

Core and remove inside of avocados into a bowl. Chop and mash avocados to preferred consistency (I like mine quite chunky!). Fold in tomatoes, chillies, spices and salt and pepper



No comments:

Post a Comment